Thursday, January 3, 2008

santafrancisco

i went to the chinese visa place today and the woman at the counter scolded me for having a dirty passport. its been traveling with me for a couple of years, mostly saddled tightly up to my stomach slash crotch area in a valiant attemt to avoid pickpockets. so its seen the view from my pants mostly, but its been around i assure you. i'm currently at my friend charlies house, whom i havent seen in three or so years since we lived together in santa cruz, actually its been five, i'm old now. i really do love california, its like washington with less mold, even when its cold and polluted here it smells fresh to me. yesterday ben gave me some lamb curry from his restaurant and it was exquisite, afterwards i sat and watched the bay and read a book. not having a job is almost too much freedom to bear. hopefully the visa application will go through so i can actually start this trip, i keep having odious daydreams of the consulate barring my admission, but i'm sure thats just needless rumination. my friend honora told me she hopes wolves with genital warts attack me in russia, you can hold that mental image of me for a while until my next update. theres not much more to say, me and a pack of friends will burn around the city tonight listening to rag time jams and drinking prohibition rag time city whiskey.

love to all

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!! You are well on your way and decided on the old electronic chain anyway. I am so glad. And I love you. Try not to get into too much trouble with your friends before the real adventure even begins...