Sunday, January 6, 2008

last evening

i'm about to eat some cheese toast and pasta at bens grandparents house, i'm planning on eating about four bowls. i'm packed up now, initially i told myself i would bring only two books, but now i'm bringin upwards of seven or eight for fear of lack of bookshops. it is twenty degrees in beijing, i will be there the day after tommorow. its a sixteen hour flight from here soi'm going to drink free beer and try to read an entire book so i can get rid of it. i just read martin amis's House Of Meetings, its about a man and his brother in a russian gulag, its intense and you never quite understand if you like the narrator, but its beautiful, made me miss my brothers. i'll write you all when i get there.

7 comments:

Albert Alina said...

have a marvelous journey my friend. send my love to our dear friends and every pretty smile you come across.
-charlie

matthew green said...

let yer journey be blogworthy. or else be banished from the blogosphere, and be hidden in the kremlin til june

paintversuswall said...

godspeed, oh great and wonderful friend. may only beautiful and hilarious events befall you on your journey. i hope you encounter very few gypsy didlos on your arduous and temperate journey. i will read on. please inform me of the best possible way to keep you informed of my personal endeavors.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I miss you too man

Unknown said...

We're all waiting for the next word...

Love, Your Mama

matthew green said...

have you made it???