Friday, March 14, 2008

istanbul

ive just returned back to istanbul after a few days in the south at the ruins of ephisus. yesterday as i ate my daily kebab, i counted seven stray cats staring at me in hopes of scraps, one actually jumped onto the table to help me finish my dinner, i pushed the officious fellow off of the table a few times. yesterday i hiked the two miles into the ruins from the center of town, and scrambled all up and down the ancient sites that were riddled with greek symbols. then i took another bus back to istabul because i had an idea. i have until the third of april left of this trip, which i suppose will never really end because i'm not going back to live in my little hovel of olympia again. so the adventures will certainly continue, until i finally gain financial stability through a consistent income again. i plan on moving to san francisco straight away and finding whatever job i can muster. in the mean time, i was feeling a bit of boredom at the prospect of spending my remaining days in turkey. i do like it here, but something about spending my last three weeks here didn't enthrall me. so, just a moment ago, i booked a plane ticket to Tel Aviv. i will be in Israel for two weeks, then istanbul for another three days and then back to the states. i plan on going to jerusalem and bethleham. i met a guy who works over there the other day and he said he would show me around. im' really excited, slightly apprehensive, but feeling good about the decision. love to all.

No comments: